- iron-on transfer paper
- fabric markers
- "Today's Special" Decal (pdf)
- Check your iron to make sure that the steam option is turned OFF and preheat the iron to the cotton setting.
- Lay out the pillowcase on a hard, flat surface and iron it. Do not use an ironing board. Place the apron on top of the pillowcase and iron that as well, removing any wrinkles.
- Follow the directions on your iron-on transfer paper to print the free Chef Party Apron decal from PBS Parents. Your decal will appear backward when you print it so that it reads correctly once adhered to the apron.
- With your scissors, cut out the "Today’s Special" decal and place it at the top center of your apron with the printed image side down (the glossy side up). If you are able to read the words correctly under the glossy, lined side of the paper facing up, you have placed the decal correctly.
- Using firm pressure, place the hot iron onto the top, left side of the decal and leave it there for about 40 seconds. Do not move the iron back and forth, just leave it sitting still. Repeat this same step, making sure to lift the iron completely when moving to a new position, until you have covered the entire decal. Be sure you have covered all of the edges, sides, and corners.
- Allow the decal to cool completely and then slowly peel back the transfer paper to reveal an adorable party favor to match your chef-themed celebration.
- Hang these aprons at your party and provide guests with fabric markers to decorate and personalize aprons of their very own!