DIY Chef Hats
Cut two pieces of cardstock into strips 3 inches wide and staple together.
Bunch a piece of tissue paper and tape it to the cardstock.
Staple card stock into a circle. Tape the rest of the tissue paper in bunches to the inside of the card stock.
- white tissue paper
- white card stock
- scissors or a paper cutter
- PBS Parents Printable Chef Hat Labels (pdf)
- Cut two pieces of card stock, lengthwise, into strips 3 inches wide and staple them together to form one long strip of paper. The strip of paper should now be approximately 18 to 20 inches long.
- Take a sheet of tissue paper and slowly bunch it along the top edge of the card stock, taping it to the strip as you go.
- When you get to the end of your first piece of tissue paper, bend the long strip of card stock into a circle and staple the ends together at the top and bottom.
- Continue to bunch up the tissue paper, taping it to the inside of the card stock circle until you have made it all the way around.
- Affix a few pieces of tape inside the hat to hold any gaps in the tissue paper together.
- Cut and tape the PDF printable Chef Hat labels to the front of the hat, puff the tissue top, and help your little chef place it atop his head to get cooking for the party!