DIY Recipe Box
Paint six large craft sticks in assorted colors and allow them to dry.
Create a square shape using two regular and two large Popsicle sticks.
Add more Popsicles sticks until you have stacked about 18 rows.
Make the bottom of the box by glueing large sticks on to two regular sticks. Adhere to the box.
- large craft Popsicle sticks
- regular-sized Popsicle sticks
- assorted paint colors to match your party theme
- Paint six large craft sticks in assorted colors and allow them to dry.
- Lay out two regular Popsicle sticks parallel to each other and add a dab of glue to both ends of each.
- Add two large Popsicle sticks across the top, perpendicular to the regular-sized sticks and parallel to each other.
- Continue to add rows of Popsicle sticks, repeating the previous step, until you have glued down about 18 rows.
- To a new regular-sized Popsicle stick, glue the ends of six large craft sticks, alongside each other, the length of the regular stick. Add another regular-sized stick along the bottom of the row of large craft sticks. Affix it with glue to the edge of the box bottom.
- Repeat the above steps with the painted large craft sticks to make the lid to your box.
- Put a recipe card from the PBS Parents printable Chef Party collection, with your child’s favorite recipe printed on the front, into the box.
- On the top of your recipe box, glue the PBS Parents printable Recipe Box label. The result of this activity is a keepsake or favor for guests from your little one’s chef birthday party!