DIY Recipe Box
- large craft Popsicle sticks
- regular-sized Popsicle sticks
- assorted paint colors to match your party theme
- Paint six large craft sticks in assorted colors and allow them to dry.
- Lay out two regular Popsicle sticks parallel to each other and add a dab of glue to both ends of each.
- Add two large Popsicle sticks across the top, perpendicular to the regular-sized sticks and parallel to each other.
- Continue to add rows of Popsicle sticks, repeating the previous step, until you have glued down about 18 rows.
- To a new regular-sized Popsicle stick, glue the ends of six large craft sticks, alongside each other, the length of the regular stick. Add another regular-sized stick along the bottom of the row of large craft sticks. Affix it with glue to the edge of the box bottom.
- Repeat the above steps with the painted large craft sticks to make the lid to your box.
- Put a recipe card from the PBS Parents printable Chef Party collection, with your child’s favorite recipe printed on the front, into the box.
- On the top of your recipe box, glue the PBS Parents printable Recipe Box label. The result of this activity is a keepsake or favor for guests from your little one’s chef birthday party!