Chef Clothespin Banner
- white and black craft paints
- red paint pen or permanent marker
- black paint pen or permanent marker
- assorted craft paint colors for hair/skin (optional)
- straight clothespins
- white card stock
- white mini cupcake liners
- glue/glue gun
- PBS Parents Printable "Today’s Special" Banner (pdf)
- Paint the bottom ends of the straight clothespins black and allow to dry.
- Paint hair on the round top of each clothespin in assorted colors.
- Add eyes and a mouth to the front of the clothespin face with paint or permanent marker. Allow to dry.
- Paint on a white chef’s coat.
- Make chef hats: cut a thin strip of white card stock, then cut the strip into pieces (as many as clothespin chefs you are making) about an inch wide.Glue the strips of paper at the ends to make small circles. Then crumple a mini cupcake liner into a ball and place it in the center of another flattened mini cupcake liner. Twist the flattened cupcake liner closed at the edges and hot glue it into the center of the card stock circle.
- With a black marker or paint pen, add three small dot “buttons” to the front of the white chef coat.
- Hot glue the mini chef hat to the top of the clothespin chef’s head.
- Glue a mini clothespin facing upward to the back of the mini chef. Clip all of the clothespin chefs to a long piece of twine or yarn along with the "Today’s Special" printable to create a one of a kind Chef Party birthday banner!