Curious George Birthday Party
Build-Your-Own Pisghetti Pizza
- plain bagel halves (one for each guest)
- tomato sauce and/or alfredo sauce
- shredded cheese (you can get "pizza blend" in most stores)
- toppings (sliced pepperoni, mushrooms, broccoli florets, green peas, ham cubes and pineapple)
- knife (for adult use)
- cutting board
- large plate or platter
- serving bowls, spoons and forks (for toppings)
- paper plates
- cookie sheet
- Arrange bagel halves on a plate or platter. Put the platter on your party table.
- Prep all the toppings by cutting them into different shapes and sorting them into several different bowls. Lay bowls out on your table with serving spoons or forks in each. (All cutting and prep should be done by an adult only.)
- Pour the red and white sauces and cheese into separate bowls. Insert spoons in each and lay them on your party table.
- During the party, give each guest half a bagel on a paper plate.
- Starting with sauce and cheese, let each guest create their own pizza using the toppings you've provided. (Make sure they use the utensils you've provided, too!) Feel free to suggest combinations of ingredients. For example: ham, pineapple, red sauce and cheese for Hawaiian pizza. Also: white sauce, ham and peas.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Collect the pizzas as they are completed and lay them out on a cookie sheet. (To help keep track of which pizza belongs to which guest, jot down kids' names on notebook paper in the order in which their pizzas are arranged on the cookie sheet.)
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. (Oven should be operated by an adult only.)
- Let the pizzas cool on the pan for a bit before giving them back to their owners for eating.
- While your guests wait for their pizzas to cook and cool or as they eat them, read: Curious George and the Pizza. It'll be the perfect complement to their meal.