Daniel Tiger Birthday Party
Paper Pinwheel Medallions
- wrapping paper
- stapler and staples
- double-sided tape or glue gun
- tape measure
- plain card stock circle
- Daniel Tiger pinwheel circle printables (pdf)
- Using a tape measure, measure and cut a 22-inch-wide piece of wrapping paper.
- Accordion fold your wrapping paper into one-inch pleats until you have folded the entire length of the sheet you cut. Repeat the above steps two more times, so you have three long strips of accordion-folded paper. Round or diagonally cut the edges of each strip, but be careful to make them the same size.
- Fold all three strips of accordion-folded paper in half and using double-sided tape or a glue stick, adhere the sides together. Repeat this on the remaining two accordion-folded strips of paper.
- One by one, stack the folded paper strips on top of each other and stick them together using double-sided tape or glue.
- Lay your pinwheel flat and fan the accordion folds out into a circle, then adhere the two sides together with your tape. You can secure the center with staples to give it extra stability.
- Hot glue the cardboard circle to the back center of the pinwheel (so you can stick it to the wall with a thumbtack) and then hot glue the Daniel Tiger pinwheel circle printables to the front. You are ready to create a show-stopping backdrop to your party table!