Daniel Tiger Birthday Party
Trolley Box Dessert Stand
- medium–sized box (ex: a diaper box)
- red wrapping paper
- black card stock
- 1 sheet of 12" x 18" yellow construction paper
- 1 sheet of red poster board
- 1 sheet of gray or silver poster board
- double-sided tape
- clear plastic rectangular serving plate
- glue gun and hot glue
- aluminum foil box
- yellow card stock
- circle punch (optional)
- printable trolley windows (pdf)
- Cover the medium box with red wrapping paper and cover the aluminum foil box with yellow construction paper.
- Cut out a red poster board 2.5 inches wider on each side than the top of your trolley box. Cut a diagonal slit (about 1.5 inches) into each of the four corners of the poster board square and adhere the poster board to the top of the box. Bend each of the sides down to form the roof of the trolley.
- Using a glue gun, stick the covered aluminum foil box to the top center of the trolley roof.
- Print four copies of the trolley windows and one copy of the printable with Daniel. Cut and double-side tape the trolley windows to the outside of the trolley.
- Add a long strip of gray or silver poster board, the same length as the trolley box and an inch wide, about 3 inches from the bottom of the box.
- Punch four wheels (or use scissors) to make four gray trolley wheels and double-sided tape them to the bottom of your box. Punch two yellow card stock circles out and attach them to the center front and back of the trolley box for the headlight and taillight.
- Adhere the plastic serving plate to the top of the wrapped aluminum foil box with a hot glue gun.