Outer Space Birthday Party
Toilet Paper Roll Rockets
- empty toilet paper rolls (as many as party guests you will have)
- assorted card stock (cut to the length of your toilet paper roll and long enough to cover the roll when wrapped around)
- card stock circles (about 4 inches in diameter) with a cut slit halfway through to the center (the radius of the circle)
- strips of assorted ribbon (to make "fire" streamers out of the bottom of the rocket)
- tape or glue
- aluminum foil
Set out the assorted materials for the party guests to build their own rocket.
- Wrap card stock around the toilet paper roll and adhere with glue or tape.
- Fold a card stock circle into a cone shape and tape together to hold. Using glue or tape, stick the paper cone to the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Tape small pieces of ribbon to the inside bottom of the paper roll to create "fire."
- Cut shapes or strips of aluminum foil and affix to the paper-covered toilet paper roll with glue or tape to decorate the rocket.
- Hang with fishing line to decorate at the party or allow to dry and send your little astronauts home with them!