Outer Space Birthday Party
Toilet Paper Roll Rockets
Set out materials for party guest to build their own rocket.
Wrap card stock around the toilet paper roll and adhere with glue or tape.
Fold a card stock circle into a cone and tape together to hold. Glue to top of roll.
Tape ribbon to the inside bottom of the paper roll to create "fire."
- empty toilet paper rolls (as many as party guests you will have)
- assorted card stock (cut to the length of your toilet paper roll and long enough to cover the roll when wrapped around)
- card stock circles (about 4 inches in diameter) with a cut slit halfway through to the center (the radius of the circle)
- strips of assorted ribbon (to make "fire" streamers out of the bottom of the rocket)
- tape or glue
- aluminum foil
Set out the assorted materials for the party guests to build their own rocket.
- Wrap card stock around the toilet paper roll and adhere with glue or tape.
- Fold a card stock circle into a cone shape and tape together to hold. Using glue or tape, stick the paper cone to the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Tape small pieces of ribbon to the inside bottom of the paper roll to create "fire."
- Cut shapes or strips of aluminum foil and affix to the paper-covered toilet paper roll with glue or tape to decorate the rocket.
- Hang with fishing line to decorate at the party or allow to dry and send your little astronauts home with them!