Outer Space Birthday Party
Planet Food Tag or Place Holder
Cut strips from assorted colors of card stock and tape each into a circle.
Insert floral wire into the hole of the ornament. Twist to create a paper clip.
Cut out rings an inch wider than the ornament's diameter.
- holiday ball ornaments (plastic preferred)
- glitter or assorted colors of paper or card stock
- floral wire
- Cut 4 x 1-inch strips from assorted colors of card stock (such as neon green) and tape each into a circle.
- Cut a 7-inch piece of floral wire. Insert the end of the wire into the hole of the holiday ornament, wrapping it around the base of the ornament hanger holder. Continue to twist the wire into a loop over the top of the ornament, wrapping in a vertical spiral motion to create a double paper clip-style holder for the food label.
- Measure the diameter of the ball with a piece of ribbon or measuring tape. Add an inch to that measurement and draw a circle of that diameter onto the back of the glitter paper or other cardstock. (It helps to find a kitchen pot lid that is approximately the same size as the ball and use it to trace around.) Inside that circle, trace another circle the size of your ornament diameter (the top of a mason jar worked perfectly for this!).
- Cut out the larger circle. Hint: cut slowly and turn the paper a little at a time to cut a clean circle. Poke the tip of the scissors through the larger circle to cut out the inside circle, creating a ring.
- Slip the ring over the ornament and then set the ornament on top of the rolled paper circle. Slip the food label into the floral wire spiral.