Outer Space Birthday Party
Use a toothpick to combine two different colors of melted candy.
Dip a cake pop into the melt. Spin through both colors and then allow to dry.
- candy melts in assorted planet colors (use contrasting colors like blue and pale yellow)
- cake pops (see tutorial)
- Styrofoam moon holder
- Melt two different, contrasting colors of candy melts separately in two different dishes. I prefer a small bowl or coffee mug.
- Once the candy is melted to the correct temperature (remember to add a drop of oil if it is too thick), pour both colors into the same bowl, being careful to keep them separate and not mix the two. With a toothpick, cut through the two colors three times to blend slightly, being very careful not to overmix.
- Dip a cake pop into the dish, spinning it in a circular motion until the entire pop is covered. Spin gently through both colors and then hold the cake pop over the side of the dish, tapping it a few times to let the colors marble together.
- Allow to dry and then stick the cake pops into the Styrofoam moon holder to display them.