Super Why Birthday Party
Alpha Pig's Lickety Letter Bingo!
How to Prepare:
- Print as many bingo cards as you need.
- Print as many place markers as you need. One bingo card needs eight markers. Adults only; carefully cut each marker out. Have extras on hand. (*As an alternative, you can also used things like crackers, goldfish, Cheerios, etc. as place markers).
- Write each letter of the alphabet on a separate index card.
How to Play:
- Hand out a bingo card and eight place markers to each child at the party.
- Shuffle the alphabet index cards and then call out each letter one by one as you go through the stack. If a letter you call is on a child’s bingo card, have him put a Super Why chip on that letter to cover it up.
- You can play different ways to win bingo each time—a straight line, a diagonal line, an X, a T, or the full board.
- With younger children, you can hold up the index card to show what letter you are looking for.
- Be sure to remind them to call out, “Lickety Letter Bingo!”