Super Why Birthday Party
Super Why's Draw Your Own Adventure!
- construction paper
- crayons or markers
- masking tape
- glitter glue (optional)
How to Prepare:
- Make sure every party guest has a piece of construction paper, crayons and markers in front of them.
How to Play:
- First, pick a theme (it can be superheroes, a fairy tale, animals, etc.) and have each child draw a picture relating to that theme. The goal of this activity is to create a story using every child’s picture.
- Next, have everybody show their picture and explain what it is to the other party guests.
- One by one, call each party guest to the front of the room and have them say a sentence based on the picture.
- The next party guest will have to continue the story, linking his picture to the previous child’s picture. With younger kids, help them come up with the next part of the story or have everyone help.
- Once you’ve made it through the entire story, have each party guest write his or her story sentence on the picture. With younger kids, write it for them.
- Encourage party guests to come up with a new story together using the same images in a different order, or draw new ones.
- Put aside each child’s story picture for them to take home at the end of the party.