Super Why Birthday Party
Super Hero Sandwiches
- 6 7-inch whole wheat hero rolls
- lowfat scallion cream cheese or tofu cream cheese
- a variety of favorite presliced, prepared sandwich toppings, such as lettuce, shredded carrots, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers
- Split the whole wheat hero rolls in half lengthwise and arrange on a tray or the table.
- Prep all the vegetable ingredients: slice the cucumbers, avocado, and tomatoes and shred the carrots. Put all the ingredients in separate bowls with forks for serving.
- Put the cream cheese in a separate bowl with spoons for scooping and spreading.
- Ask the kids to first scoop and spread the cream cheese onto their hero rolls.
- Allow the kids to choose the sandwich fixings of their choice. When they have finished, close up the sandwiches, gently press down, and slice in half crosswise.