Thomas Birthday Party
Thomas & Friends Photo Booth
- two large cardboard boxes
- duct tape
- double-sided tape
- black poster board
- craft paint in assorted colors and paintbrushes
- three small black paper or plastic plates
- red and blue wrapping paper
- craft circle punch (optional)
- Thomas face printable (pdf)
- Tape down or cut off three of the flaps on one end of one of the boxes, leaving the remaining long-sided box flap up. Secure it with the duct tape to keep it standing.
- Wrap the other box completely in blue wrapping paper and wrap the single-flap box only along the bottom and three sides, leaving the top open. Set the completely wrapped blue box vertically inside the open box.
- Use a craft circle punch or scissors to make two circles and two squares (one large and another small) from black poster board. Add the circles on the top front of the vertical box and the larger square over the top of the vertical box, to create Thomas' roof. Add the small black square to the front of the vertical box to create Thomas' window.
- Add three black paper or plastic plates to the bottom of the open box, to create Thomas' wheels.
- Paint a 1 onto the side of the open box with yellow craft paint. Outline the black square window in yellow. Add a red square box around the 1 with red craft paint. You can also add extra details (we painted blue wheel spokes for some extra fun!).
- Cut out the Thomas face printable.
- If desired, add on another freight car or two to make a full-length train, varying the colors to add interest.
- At the party, have your little guests hold the printable Thomas face and stand inside the engine to get their photo taken—a wonderful keepsake to remember a special day!