Thomas Birthday Party
Thomas Oatmeal Canister Train
- empty oatmeal canister
- empty large cereal box
- empty medium cereal box
- three empty soup cans with labels removed
- toilet paper roll
- black paint and paintbrush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- heavy duct tape
- blue, red, yellow, and black poster board or wrapping paper
- craft circle punch (optional)
- Thomas oatmeal canister train printable (pdf)
- Wrap the oatmeal canister and medium cereal box in blue poster board or wrapping paper. Wrap the larger cereal box in red poster board or wrapping paper.
- Wrap a piece of black poster board, about 3 inches wide, around the top of the oatmeal canister and attach it with tape.
- Attach the wrapped oatmeal canister to the front center of the red-wrapped cereal box, extending the long way, with a large piece of duct tape.
- Place the medium blue-wrapped cereal box standing up behind the oatmeal canister and attach with duct tape.
- Lay the three soup cans side by side to make Thomas's wheels. Glue the red-wrapped large cereal box to the tops of the cans with hot glue.
- Cut a third off the top of the empty toilet paper roll and paint it black, then allow to dry. With your glue gun, affix it to the top of the oatmeal canister to create Thomas's smokestack.
- Cut a small piece of black poster board and tape it over the top of the medium cereal box to create Thomas's roof. Use scissors or a circle punch to make two small black circles and adhere them to the front of the blue cereal box, under the roof.
- Cut a piece of yellow poster board, about 2 inches longer than the front "bumper" (short side of the red cereal box). Attach it to the front of Thomas, paint vertical black stripes on it, and cut the top corners off.
- Print the Thomas oatmeal canister pdf and attach the "1" to the side of the canister and the Thomas face to the front. Place your Oatmeal Canister Thomas anywhere on your party table to make a "really useful" party decoration!