Thomas Birthday Party
Thomas Railroad Crossing Labels
Paint a 2.5 inch-by-1.5 inch block of floral Styrofoam black.
Cut off half an inch of the red striped paper straw and attach a food label to one end.
Attach the other end to the center of the black and white straw. Glue the black and white straw to the center of the Styrofoam block.
- black and red paper striped straws
- floral Styrofoam block
- black craft paint and paintbrushes
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- paper cutter or scissors
- circle punch (optional)
- sharp knife and cutting board
- railroad crossing printables (pdf)
- Cut the floral Styrofoam to a 2.5 inch-by-1.5 inch block, an inch thick, with the sharp knife. Paint it black and allow it to dry.
- Cut out the railroad crossing food labels with a circle punch or scissors.
- Cut off half an inch of the red striped paper straw and attach a food label to one end (hanging it like a house "For Sale" sign) with hot glue.
- Attach the other end perpendicular to the center of the black paper straw. Then add a dab of hot glue to the bottom of the black and white straw and insert it into the top center of the black Styrofoam block.
- Hot glue the printable red and black lights to the black paper straw, directly above the red striped straw, then hot glue the railroad crossing printables into a criss-cross shape about half an inch from the top of the black straw.
- To create the railroad crossing sign, attach another black paper straw to another black Styrofoam block. Then glue the yellow circle railroad crossing printable to the top of the straw and the food label to the middle of the straw.
- Place these Thomas Railroad Crossing Labels around your party table to let your guests know what is on the menu!