Thomas Birthday Party
DIY Thomas Bubble Favors
- mini mason jars
- twine or ribbon
- pipe cleaners
- hole punch
- scissors or a paper cutter
- circle craft punch (optional)
- 6 cups distilled water (makes 8 mini mason jar bubble favors)
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dish soap
- pitcher or bucket
- measuring cups
- large spoon
- bubble favor printables (pdf)
- In a large pitcher or bucket, mix 6 cups of distilled water and 1 cup of dish soap and stir until combined, doing your best not to create any soap bubbles.
- Add ¼ cup of light corn syrup and stir gently until mixed thoroughly. The bubble solution will work best if allowed to sit 24 hours, but you can use it right away if necessary!
- Divide your bubble solution among the mini mason jars.
- Print and cut the bubble favor printables, using a paper cutter or scissors and a craft circle punch, for the top of the mason jar. Attach a "Full Steam Ahead" circle label to the lid of each jar with tape and fasten the lid.
- Shape the pipe cleaner into a bubble blower by twisting a large circle on one end. Remove about an inch from the bottom of the pipe cleaner with scissors and twist the bottom into a smaller circle.
- Punch a hole in the top left corner of the "Thank you for coming to my party!" label and attach it to the lip of the mason jar with a piece of twine or ribbon, placing the pipe cleaner bubble blower behind it and then tying the twine tight into a bow. You can adjust the bubble blower once the bow is tied. Set them on your party table for a fun activity and favor for your party guests!