Thomas Birthday Party
Rice Krispie Coals
- 10.5-ounce bag of mini-marshmallows
- 4 cups chocolate Rice Krispies cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- red, blue, and yellow food coloring
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- cookie scoop or teaspoon
- small treat bags
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the bag of mini-marshmallows.
- Add the teaspoon of vanilla and continue to stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Next, add equal parts red, blue, and yellow coloring (you will need quite a bit!) until you have reached a black "coal" color. Continue to stir until the mixture is entirely black.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir until they are completely covered with the black marshmallow mixture. Using a cookie scoop (or teaspoon), form one-inch balls and lay them out on a cookie sheet. Once they are cooled, place them into small bags to make "coal" snacks for your Thomas party!