Thomas Birthday Party
Thomas Train Sandwiches
Cut a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in two pieces, making the top piece slightly larger.
Cut about an inch off each side of the top sandwich piece.
Remove the crusts off the other piece and cut in half. Stack the two halves together with peanut butter.
Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the back of the two stacked pieces to adhere the other, crusted piece.
Adhere the wheels, bumper and smokestack to the train.
- peanut butter (or soy or other nut butter)
- butter knife
- cheddar cheese
- pretzel sticks
- circular pretzel and cheese cracker sandwiches
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- Spread peanut butter and jelly onto the two pieces of bread to make a sandwich. With a sharp knife, cut the sandwich in two, parallel to the top of the piece of bread, making the top part slightly larger than the bottom.
- Cut about an inch off each side of the top sandwich piece.
- With the remaining sandwich piece, remove the crusts and cut the sandwich in half. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top of one half and stack the two halves together.
- Spread another thin layer of peanut butter on the back of the two stacked pieces to adhere the other, crusted piece, crust side up, to make the roof of the train.
- Add a dollop of peanut butter to two pretzel and cheese sandwiches or wheels and place them on the bottom side of the train.
- Use more peanut butter to add a pretzel stick as a bumper above the wheels and a small square of cheddar cheese to the top of the train to make the smokestack.
- Make more sandwiches, remove the crusts, and cut them in half. Stack the halves together, using a thin layer of peanut butter to adhere them, and cut them according to the size of freight cars you would like. Add the pretzel wheels like above.
- Add pretzel sticks and small blocks of cheese to make the freight for your train cars. Place the train and freight cars on your table to chug along to a delicious lunch!