Wild Kratts Birthday Party
Paper Bag Animals
- paper bags
- assorted card stock/construction paper
- googly eyes
- black permanent marker
- assorted colors of craft paint
- Paint the flat, unfolded bottom of a paper bag white and allow it to dry.
- Cut out two wing shapes and draw feathers on the front.
- Cut out the shape of a feather tuft and draw feathers on this too, then glue it to the top of the eagle face (the flat bag bottom).
- Glue two googly eyes and a nose just underneath the feather tuft.
- Adhere the wings to the back of the paper bag eagle.
- Paint the entire front (the flat bottom and one of the wider sides) of a paper bag gray.
- Cut out a trunk and ears from gray card stock or construction paper.
- Glue two googly eyes to the front of the elephant face, then adhere the ears and trunk.
- Cut a round circle from yellow card stock or construction paper.
- Working along the entire circle, cut out triangular divots to create the lion’s mane.
- Fold the bottom portion of the mane and cut a long slit crosswise at the fold, being careful to stop cutting before you reach the end of the paper on either side.
- Unfold the mane and slide it from the bottom of the paper bag to underneath the flat front (bottom) of the bag.
- Cut out two arms from another paper bag and glue them to the front of the lion body.
- Cut out black hands and adhere them as well.
- Add two googly eyes and a black nose, then draw on a mouth with the black marker.
- Cut out two teeth from white card stock or construction paper and glue them in the lion’s mouth.
- Cut out two ear shapes from the remaining paper bag and adhere them to the top of the lion’s head.
- Cut the unfolded corners of the bottom of a paper bag into a triangle to create a raccoon face shape.
- From another paper bag, cut out the shape of a raccoon tail. Paint or draw wide black stripes on it.
- Cut out the shape of the raccoon’s facial mask and the white fur front and adhere them to the front of the raccoon’s face.
- Add a small black circle for the raccoon’s nose.
- Cut out two ears and glue them to the raccoon’s head, along with two googly eyes on the front of the facial mask.
- Adhere the striped tail to the back of the raccoon. Now you have a fun pack of animals for your Wild Kratts celebration.