Wild Kratts Birthday Party
Soda Bottle Fireflies
- green soda bottles
- glow sticks
- googly eyes
- sparkly pipe cleaners
- black construction paper
- glue or glue gun and glue sticks
- red permanent marker or paint pen
- firefly wings printable (PDF)
- Wrap three pipe cleaners around the base of the soda bottle, about two inches apart. Cut and bend them into the shape of firefly legs.
- Wrap a square of black construction paper, large enough to cover the soda bottle, around it until the edges reach either side of the firefly legs.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the neck of the soda bottle, twisting to secure it and trimming and curling the ends to form the antennae.
- Glue two googly eyes to the cap of the soda bottle and draw a mouth with your red paint pen or marker.
- Insert a glow stick inside.
- Print and cut the firefly wings. Fold the wings in half and tape to the top of the soda bottle firefly.