Wild Kratts Birthday Party
Egg Carton Ant Menu Holders
Stick the pipe cleaner pieces into the egg carton.
- egg carton
- black paint
- black pipe cleaners
- googly eyes
- sharp knife
- menu card printables (pdf)
- Cut the egg carton into three-egg sections, one for each card holder. Paint them black and allow to dry.
- Cut two black pipe cleaners into four equal pieces, a total of eight.
- With a pencil, poke six holes into the body of the ant, three on each side, where the legs will be.
- Poke two more holes at the front of the egg carton, just under where you will place the eyes.
- Take the six pipe cleaner pieces and stick them into the holes on the body of the egg carton ant, bending them slightly into the shape of legs.
- Cut about half an inch off the two remaining pipe cleaner pieces and insert them into the holes on the front of the face, bending them to become the antennae.
- Tape the pipe cleaners on the inside to hold them in place.
- Glue two googly eyes above the antennae. (You can use regular glue, but I prefer a glue gun because it dries so quickly.)
- With a sharp knife, make a slit on the top of the back egg carton section.
- Print and cut out the menu card printables and slide one into each slit. Place them around the party table for a creepy crawly good time!