Wild Kratts Birthday Party
Paper Mache Globe Centerpiece
Cover the balloon with coated strips of newspaper.
- punch balloon (from the local party store)
- newspaper cut into 1.5” strips
- blue paint
- Mod Podge
- mason jar lid
- continents printables (pdf)
- Blow up the punch balloon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together equal parts flour and water to make a paste.
- Dip the newspaper strips into the flour and water solution. Make sure to lay down extra newspaper, as this can get messy!
- Completely cover the entire area of the balloon with strips of coated newspaper. (For extra stability, set the balloon inside the mason jar lid and anchor on four sides with heavy jars or glasses).
- Allow the balloon to dry for 24 hours. Then paint it blue and allowing the paint to dry.
- Print and cut out the continents printables and adhere to the globe with Mod Podge. Once the glue is dry, coat the entire globe with Mod Podge as well. Place it on your party table to trek around the world with the Wild Kratts!