Spring has (almost) sprung which means it's time to get our outdoor craft on! With just a spoonful of creativity, your family can whip-up an eco-friendly wind chime out of recycled utensils -- so, clean out those cabinets for a D.I.Y. clapper made from everything but the kitchen sink!
Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint
Spray Sealant (optional)
Clear Jewelry Cord or Thread
Colorful Bead (optional)
- Thoroughly coat wooden spoons with spray paint. If desired, also coat with an all-weather, spray sealant. Let dry.
- Drill a hole in each spoon handle, about 1/2" down from tip.
- Knot a piece of jewelry cord through a spoon's hole. Feed the opposite end of cord up through the inside of one of the colander's holes and back down through another. Pull until desired length; knot off and cut excess. Repeat for as many spoons as it takes to create the look you're going for.
- Tie a hanging loop of cord onto top of colander; slide decorative bead onto an additional piece of jewelry cord, knotting to keep in place.
- Hang and enjoy the clickety-clack. What's that? It's the sound of craftiness!
P.S. Don't forget to share pictures of your crafts in our Flickr Pool