Here is a great and creative way to celebrate the back-to-school season! Plus, it uses recycled items! We went to a birthday party last week where the crafty mom passed out these pencil cans filled with treats as favors, so of course I had to make a tutorial and share.
- 8 1/2" X 11" sheets of cardstock in pink, gray, yellow and tan
- clean and empty cardboard tube (we used a Pringles can)
- double-sided tape or glue stick
- hot glue gun (for adult use only)
- Trim the gray cardstock to a strip 1/2" by 10", the yellow cardstock to a strip 8" by 10", the pink cardstock to 2 1/2" by 10" and the tan to a half circle with a 7 1/4" diameter.
- Adhere the yellow cardstock to the outside of the cardboard tube with a glue stick or double-sided tape.
- Adhere the pink cardstock around the base of the tube for the eraser end of the pencil; it will overlap the yellow, and that's fine.
- Adhere the gray strip over the seam made by the yellow and pink cardstock.
- Curl the tan half circle into a cone and hot glue onto the can's lid.
- Color in the "lead" with a black marker.
That's it! Now you can fill up with whatever goodies your heart desires. Happy back to school season!