It’s so much fun to make music, and I think it’s even more fun when you make the instruments you play with. Create your own cardboard box guitar (or violin, banjo, etc.) with recycled materials, with one child or an entire classroom, and you could end up with a whole band!
- cardboard box (large cereal or cracker box)
- cardboard tube
- rubber bands
- duct tape
- Cut holes on the front and top of cardboard box, for the sound hole and to attach the guitar neck.
- Make small cuts around one end of the tube. This will be the top.
- Insert the bottom of the tube into the hole at the top of box and duct tape in place.
- Wrap rubber bands from the top of the tube—securing them in the cuts you made—to the bottom of the box and tape in place.