These Popsicle stick ornaments are perfect for the holiday season and don’t require purchasing new materials.
- Popsicle sticks (about a dozen)
- green paint
- buttons (variety of colors)
- twine, yarn or string
- glue (glue guns work best but should be adult operated)
- Paint your Popsicle sticks green and let them dry.
- Cut the Popsicle sticks into pieces, each one longer than the one before. The last stick (bottom of the tree) should be a full-length Popsicle stick.
- Line up the stick pieces horizontally so they make a triangular tree shape.
- Use one stick as the trunk (glue it vertically and leave the end poking out at the bottom.)
- Glue the twine onto the Popsicle sticks and let it dry. Cut and glue the twine to make the tree hang down as far as you’d like.
- Glue on the buttons and let them dry.
- Tie a knot to connect the ends of the twine in a loop and let it hang!
Enjoy your holiday season!