Go on an animal adventure this Halloween! Create your own customizable Wild Kratts-inspired costume.
- one official Wild Kratt's T-Shirt from the PBS KIDS Shop
- one pair of plain black gloves
- one piece of felt in the color of your choice (match the shirt of your choosing)
- one large piece of cardboard
- printout image of Aviva (PDF)
- hot glue gun or sewing kit (for adult to use)
- glue stick
- black marker
- printable pre-made power discs (PDF) (optional)
khaki shorts for bottoms*
tennis shoes for feet
- Take the piece of colored felt or construction paper and cut out 10 small circles, about a quarter of an inch in diameter. These will be placed on the fingers of the gloves. You can trace circles using a pen cap to make them perfectly round.
- From the same piece of felt or paper, trace and cut out two larger circles. You can use a small glass or mug to trace these circles. They will go on the palms of the gloves.
- Either glue or sew (adults only) the felt to the gloves. Regular glue will work for a one-time Halloween costume, but you may want to use a hot glue gun or needle and thread if the costume will be worn more than once.
- The new creature power gloves are ready!
- Print out a 1.5-inch by 2.5-inch picture of Aviva (PDF).
- Cut a 4-inch by 6-inch piece of cardboard.
- Color cardboard black with a marker.
- Use glue stick to attache picture of Aviva as the “screen” for the communicator.
- Cut out small circles from green or blue construction paper and glue on to make buttons in the shape of a paw (to match gloves).
- Glue or sew communicator to piece of elastic.
- Attach to wrist!
- Cut five 4-inch circles out of cardboard. Either print out these five pre-made power discs (PDF) in color, OR draw your own using construction paper and markers.
- Glue designs to cardboard.
- Let dry.
Put on your t-shirt and costume pieces, and test out your creature powers!
*Khaki shorts are not shown.
To personalize your Wild Kratt's T-Shirt (for FREE!), head over to the PBS KIDS Shop: http://wildkratts.shop.pbskids.org/
You can also try this No-Sew Wild Kratts Bat Costume!