Save those bottle caps to make an adorable Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood character-inspired craft!
- 3 bottle caps
- acrylic paint
- cardstock or construction paper
- 2 orange pom poms
- 1 white and 1 small piece of green pipe cleaner
- pink tissue paper
- optional: permanent markers
- Gather three bottle caps and paint them orange, blue and white, respectively. Let them dry for several hours before moving on to the next step.
- Add glue to the bottom edge of each cap. Place them on a piece of paper.
- Paint two circles using white paint on the orange cap for the eyes. Add three light gray triangles to the white cap. We mixed white paint with a tiny touch of black. Let both dry.
- Paint the black parts of the eyes on all three caps. Alternatively you could use a permanent black markers. Add eyebrows.
- Once dry, add a white dot to each of the black circles you just made. Add a green ring around the eyes of O the Owl and Katerina Kittycat.
Daniel Tiger Bottle Cap:
Draw on a nose using a red permanent marker or paint. Use a brown permanent marker or paint to add the mouth and stripes. Glue on 2 orange pom poms as ears. Add brown to the centers if you'd like.
O the Owl Bottle Cap:
Add an orange colored beak with a brown, curved line in the middle. Outline the eyes with a black marker. Use a blue marker or paint to add the ears and feathers.
Katerina Kittycat Bottle Cap:
Add a pink nose and mouth. Crumple 2 small pieces of pink tissue paper into a small ball. Wrap a white pipe cleaner around the tissue paper so that it forms a triangle. Pinch the points and flatten the tissue paper so that the inside is covered completely. Cut the pipe cleaner. Repeat these steps to make the other ear. Glue into place. Make a bow shape using a small piece of a green pipe cleaner. Glue it to the right ear.
Enjoy your characters!