Spark your imagination and celebrate Mister Rogers’ birthday by building your own cardboard neighborhood.
- cardboard cereal box
- hot glue gun
- Open your cereal box and lay it flat. Use a pencil and ruler to draw two longer rectangles for the front and back of the house. Make two small triangles on the front panel for the dormers. Make two squares and triangles for the sides of the house.
- Cut out your house and a rectangle for the roof. Cut two slits on one edge of the roof. For the chimney, cut out out a rectangle with two little triangles.
- For the optional patio, cut out a long rectangle. To make a swing, fold a small rectangle in half, and make two holes to add the string, tying off at the bottom.
- Paint the house and roof and let dry.
- Fold your house to create a box and hot glue together. Add the roof, sliding the triangles into the slits, and glue in place.
- Fold and add the chimney and optional patio, hot gluing the strings for the swing to the ceiling. Build more houses to make your neighborhood!
Enjoy your neighborhood!