Classroom friendly and perfect for little fingers, this cardboard picture frame is a great way to teach kids how to recycle materials and turn them into something amazing. Make this for Mother’s Day, birthdays or holidays as it can be easily personalized!
- egg carton
- paint and paintbrushes
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- thin cardboard (like cereal box cardboard)
- favorite photos
- Cut out each egg cup from the carton, individually. Cut the cups into the shape of flowers by cutting zig-zagged and scalloped edges. You can cut out as many or as few as you wish.
- Using thin cardboard (we used cereal box cardboard) cut out a large square or rectangle (the shape of your picture) several inches wider than your picture on all sides.
- Trace your picture onto the cardboard and cut out the area around the tracing, making the cut-out slightly smaller than your picture. This should result in a rectangular frame with the middle cut out!
- Paint your frame. We decided to use white paint for the frame but you can get creative!
- Once the paint is dry, glue your picture to the back of the frame!
- Now decorate your frame. Paint the flowers you made from the egg carton and glue them on. You can also add glitter, beads, and/or decorate the frame to reflect the time of year, holiday, or recipient(s) personal tastes.
Let the paint dry and then you're finished!