Practice tying shoes with this easy cardboard craft!
- two cardboard squares
- a pair of shoelaces
- a marker
- paint, markers or crayons (optional)
- Trace a pair of shoes onto a cardboard square.
- Make a straight line on the cardboard for the toe design at the top of each shoe. Draw eight to ten dots on each shoe outline for the lace holes. If your child would like to paint the board, do so now and allow it to dry.
- Lay the cardboard on top of your second cardboard square for support. Then cut out the lace holes with the screwdriver by pushing and twisting or spinning the screwdriver (NOTE: Adults only!).
- Thread the shoelaces through the holes, then watch your child practice tying!
One added bonus: Instead of painting, your child can color the shoe-tying practice board too! Happy tying!