Stick magnets are all the rage these days, and I’ve seen various versions of this clever craft on Pinterest. The best part is that they are super easy and very kid-friendly to make! Once finished, your little ones can make lots of geometric shapes, letters, and even design a city skyline!
- Popsicle sticks
- paint and paintbrushes
- a shallow container (for the paint)
- painter's tape
- magnets (we used round magnets purchased at the craft store, but you can recycle magnets, too)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks (regular glue could work too)
- Paint your sticks one solid, base color and allow them to dry. We painted ours gold.
- Cover one end of each stick in painter's tape. Paint the uncovered ends any color (we used white and green) and then let them dry.
- Remove the tape and allow the second color to dry.
- Using your hot glue gun or strong glue, fasten magnets on the backs of the sticks, one magnet on each end.
Once they’re dry, stick them on the fridge and start making shapes and scenes! You can use them to hang pictures or artwork as well.