Use large paper doilies to create beautiful butterflies for Valentine’s Day or to celebrate spring.
- paint or markers
- wooden clothespins
- large round paper doilies
- pipe cleaners
- toilet paper tube
- glue gun (optional)
- Paint clothespins. Encourage your kids to paint or decorate their clothespins as they'd like. Place pins on a paper tube to dry.
- Fold a doily in half. This is to mark the center of the doily so the butterfly has "even" wings.
- Lace doily through the gap in the clothespin. Gently bunch the remaining bit of doily to create the wings. It may be easier to turn the clothespin upside down and then push the paper in.
- Cut pipe cleaners into 2 inch pieces and fold in half. Use a glue gun or other sticky-tacky glue to affix a pipe cleaner antennae on top of a clothespin.
To use this as a Valentine, affix a note or write a message directly onto the clothespin!