Making yarn bowls is a great sensory activity for little fingers that doubles as a dimensional art project! Use your bowls as decorative sculptures or little baskets.
- all purpose glue
- two bowls, one plastic
- plastic wrap
- Cover a bowl with plastic wrap and turn it upside down.
- Squeeze some glue in a bowl and dilute it just a bit with water. Then stir the water and glue mixture together.
- Estimate the amount of yarn it will take to loosely cover your bowl and cut off that piece. Dunk the yarn in the glue + water mixture until it is completely soaked.
- Wrap the soaked yarn around your plastic-wrapped bowl. Mash the yarn all around the bowl with your hands and set it aside to dry.
- Once dry, remove the yarn from the plastic wrapped bowl.
That's it! These bowls make great kid-made presents!