Instead of throwing away your empty egg cartons, recycle them into this simple, cute turtle craft suitable for ages 3 and up!
- egg carton
- paint and paintbrush
- pom poms
- felt or craft foam
- googly eyes
- embellishments such as: Buttons, sequins, jewel gems, stickers, etc. (optional)
- fuffy paint or permanent marker (for the mouth) (optional)
- Cut turtle shells from an egg carton and paint them in green or a color of choice.
- Cut four legs and a triangle tail from either felt or craft foam.
- Glue the legs and tail to the underside of the turtle shell. (You can use glue dots instead of glue if you wish.)
- Add a pom pom for the head.
- Decorate the shells using items such as buttons, sequins, jewel gems, stickers, or similar. Alternatively, you could draw on designs.
- Glue on googly eyes. If you'd like, draw on a mouth using black puffy paint or a permanent marker.