It’s reining deer! Turn your family into reindeer ornaments and decorate the tree together with this easy Christmas craft for kids.
- mini red pom-poms
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- a pencil
- Mod Podge and a paintbrush
- construction paper
- a hole puncher
- a printed picture of yourself (and family or friends)
- a large jar lid
- Print out pictures Trace a large jar lid onto a piece of colored construction paper and cut it out so that you have a nice, round circle.
- Print out a picture of yourself and cut out the face. We printed ours onto copy paper and used black and white ink for a modern look. Using Mod Podge gloss and a paint brush, glue it onto the circle and cover with another layer of Mod Podge.
- Draw a pair of reindeer antlers on some brown construction paper and cut them out. Mod Podge them onto the head of your picture. Set your ornament aside and allow to dry.
- Once dry, hot glue a mini red pom-pom onto the nose of your picture to finish the festive look!
- Punch two holes in the top of the ornament, one right next to the other.
- Thread ribbon through the holes, poking each end through each hole. Tie knots on each end of the string to secure the ribbon in place.
Hang them on the tree and enjoy decorating!