A lot of Halloween crafts ignore the fact that kids are walking around for hours! This Halloween, stay hydrated with these cute water cozies.
- bottled water
- craft foam or felt stickers
- permanent black marker (Sharpie recommended)
- Velcro "sticky-back" tabs
- googly eyes (optional, for Mummy)
- green curling ribbon (optional, for Pumpkin)
- glue (optional, for Mummy)
- Choose a color of craft foam. Cut strips wide enough to cover the label on the water bottle. Be sure to add 1 inch to the total length of the craft foam label so you have enough overlap for the Velcro closure.
- Apply Velcro sticky-back tabs on the ends of the foam. Using Velcro closures allows the custom covers to be used over and over again.
- For the pumpkin, draw a face with black marker. Tie green curling ribbon around the neck of the bottle and curl with scissors blade.
- For the mummy, wrap a white foam sleeve around the bottle and cut three strips of foam approx. 1/4 inch thick. Wrap two crossing each other so they make an "x" in the front. Secure with glue. Place the final 1/4-inch strip slightly skewed near the top and using glue dots, adhere googly eyes just below the strip (or "bandage") of the mummy.
- Embellish wraps with craft foam stickers for the simplest trick—and treat—of all!
All wrapped up and nowhere to go? Add these bottles to a kid's lunchbox or make multiples for a theme party.