Halloween is coming up and, after the success of our Elmo birthday party hats, I thought up this cute craft for kids to enjoy the spooky night.
- paper plate
- piece of construction paper
- paint (black)
- string (elastic)
- sequins, stickers, ribbons, etc. (optional)
- Roll your paper into a cone shape and tape it shut. This is the top of your hat.
- Make pie-shaped cuts in the center circle of your paper plate, which will become the brim of the hat.
- Fold the triangular sections upward and tape them to the inside of the bottom of the cone. Now the shape of the hat should be finished.
- Paint the hats black and decorate as much as your child desires.
- Cut the string so that it's long enough to fit your child’s face from ear to ear, under the chin. Tape the ends of the string to the opposite sides of the hat (the outer rim of the paper plate) to make the hats wearable.
Enjoy wearing your spooky witch hats!