Go on a nature walk and collect the materials you need to create this sparkly and colorful dragonfly craft. This craft is adapted from Twig and Toadstool.
- small twig
- 2 maple tree propeller seeds (dried out)
- aqua colored paint (or choose a color of paint you would like to use)
- glitter glue (color of your choice)
- small black beads or stones
- paper plate
- tacky glue or glue gun (glue gun requires adult assistance)
- Pour a small amount of paint on your paper plate and paint your small twig. Set it aside to dry completely. Wash off your paintbrush.
- Squeeze a line of glitter glue across your maple seeds and use your paint brush to cover your seeds with the glitter glue. Let the glitter glue dry completely.
- Once the paint on your twig is dry, use your tacky glue or a hot glue gun to glue your small black beads onto the end of your twig for the dragonfly eyes.
- Once your glitter glue is dry, use your tacky glue or a hot glue gun to attach your maple seed wings onto your dragonfly.
Now have fun flying around your shimmery Dragonfly! What other crafts can you create from things found in nature?