Turn your summer break into summer fun by making a pool noodle horse! It’s true that they look a little like seahorses instead of regular horses, but I think that just makes them even more special! For more fun and educational ideas, go to Mrs. King Rocks.
- a swimming noodle - the skinnier ones work best (one per horse)
- twine, rope or your choice of something for the bridle that you can tie tightly
- felt (9 x 12 sheets work well)
- large wiggly eyes
- low temp glue gun and glue
- First bend the noodle and tie the twine tightly around it. If you want you can weave a pipe cleaner around it to add some color after you've tied it on. I left a little bit of the twine hanging so that it looked line reins, but they are more for looks than for function of any kind.
- Next, turn the piece of felt long ways and cut a strip about an inch wide. Cut the ends of it into points for the ears. Cut the next strip (still looking at the felt long ways) at about 4 inches wide. Next I folded this wide stripe and cut waves around the edges to create the mane.
- Slide the long piece for the ears between the part of the noodle that is folded and pull them up firmly in place. Glue the ears up. Hot glue the mane and wiggly eyes in place.
Voila! Swimming noodle pony!