Reuse a paper grocery bag and fabric scraps to make your own giant puppets.
- large paper bag
- fabric scraps
- hot glue gun
- scrap paper
- black marker
- Start with the hair. For the bangs, fold over a piece of knit jersey fabric the same width as your paper bag, and cut fringe 1/2 inches from the top.
- To make the braids, cut three strips on two longer pieces of fabric. Then braid and tie with a ribbon.
- Glue the bangs and braids to the top of your paper bag with a hot glue gun.
- Next, cut out a mouth and eyes and color in the pupils and glue them onto your bag.
- Cut out another piece of fabric for the body and hot glue on. Add ribbon and buttons to embellish.
For the male puppet, use some fabric scraps as a hat or hair. Enjoy imaginative play with your puppets!