I am always looking for something crafty do with my boys, but I don’t always have a bunch of craft supplies in the house. That’s why I decided to experiment with paper plate crafts. For a very small price, you can buy a pack of 200 paper plates that makes for hours of fun!
- two paper plates
- crayons or markers
- foam fish, fish stickers, or construction paper for cutting out sea creatures
- glue stick
- Cut the center out of one plate.
- With crayons or markers, have your little crafter color the top 2/3 of the other plate blue and the bottom 1/3 a sand color. We used the center of the plate that we cut out to make some extra coral.
- Add the fish and other sea life that you'd like. We happened to have some ocean-themed foam stickers that we used to decorate our plates, but your child can create some from construction paper.
- After you are happy with your decorations, run the glue stick around the edge of the decorated bottom plate and attach the cut-out top plate.
Enjoy your household and hand-held aquarium!