The election season is here, and it’s time to convey to your kids how important it is to vote! Get your little ones excited with these cute and patriotic voting flags. You can make them again for the 4th of July!
- three pieces of white paper, one piece of blue paper and one piece of red paper
- glue and clear tape (tape is optional)
- one-hole punch (best if in the shape of a star!)
- a gift-wrap roll (best if empty/bare)
- Use blue and red markers to color the pole. If your child is older, they can write words like "vote," "America," "election," etc. on it. My son loved this step!
- Cut out shapes needed for the flag from the colored paper. An older child can help or do this step all on his own. You will need four short and four long red stripes, one blue square (or really fat rectangle), and a whole bunch of white stars from one piece of the white paper.
- Glue the blue section to the top left corner of another piece of white paper. Then add the stripes underneath. Finally, glue the white stars onto the blue paper. Let it dry.
- Using the last piece of white paper, write a message. We chose "Vote Today!"
- Glue your message to the back of the flag and add some clear tape for stability if needed.
- Glue the flag to the pole and start making a difference!