Making play dough is an amazing hands-on activity, science experiment and boredom buster rolled into one! Learn how to make simple “paint” dough by mixing only two ingredients that you likely already have around the house!
- tempera paint
- corn starch
- mixing bowl
- a large spoon
- Scoop a couple of large, heaping spoonfuls of corn starch into a bowl.
- Squirt some tempera paint inside. You can eyeball the amount and add more paint or corn starch later until you achieve the right consistency.
- Mix vigorously until you achieve a thick paste.
- Using your hands, continue to blend the two ingredients. Add more corn starch if the mix seems too wet, or more paint if it's too crumbly.
- Once you have rolled the mixture into a dough ball, you can begin playing with it! If the dough ball is leaving a bunch of paint on your hands, sprinkle corn starch on a work surface and roll the ball through it, kneading until the dough ball is less wet; less wet means less messy!
Make as many colors as you wish!