Part science project and part cute craft, potato sprout people are simply potatoes with toothpicks decorated like boots, hats and gloves poked inside! Once decorated, you can make the potatoes sprout by placing them in water. Learn how now!
- colorful card stock paper (or paint chip samples)
- small glass of water
- Cut out shapes of shoes, hands (gloves) and hats from your card stock paper. Use your imagination - there is no limit with what you can design! Add as much or as little detail as you wish.
- Glue the shoes, hands and hats onto toothpicks using a small dab of glue.
- Insert the toothpicks into the potato. Position each toothpick to sit on the rim of a glass or to prop the potato on rim of the glass as seen in the pictures.
- Fill a glass with water and sit your potato person so that the bottom is touching the water. This way your little friend will sprout!
That's it! Be sure to place your new little creations near a window so they will have plenty of light to sprout!