This quick and easy airplane craft is perfect for indoor, outdoor and on-the-go play. Plus, you only need a few, household ingredients to make these high flyers.
- one clothespin
- 2-3 Popsicle sticks
- markers or paint (optional)
- If you’d like to add color to your airplane, let your kid color or paint the Popsicle sticks and/or clothespin BEFORE you start gluing.
- Glue the Popsicle stick close to one end of the clothespin (flat, horizontally), making a cross shape with about the same length of stick on each side of the pin.
- To make a two-winged plane (or biplane) glue one Popsicle stick to the top of the clothespin and one to the bottom.
- My son was inspired by a triplane model, so we added a third Popsicle stick inside the clothespin.
This craft is great for sunny days, rainy days and even days stuck in a waiting room. I hope your kids enjoy it as much as mine did!