Pretend play is fun and eco-friendly with this easy recycled cork zebra. Grab a couple corks, toothpicks, some paint and yarn, and let your imagination run wild as you create your own whimsical safari toy.
- two different size corks
- three toothpicks
- black and white acrylic paint
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- black yarn
- Paint both corks with a layer of white paint.
- Add stripes on the side of the body and across the nose of the head. Add eyes and paint the end of the nose black.
- Cut the toothpicks in half to make the legs and neck. Paint them all white, and add black hooves for the feet.
- Insert the legs into the larger cork and attach the head with the extra toothpick.
- Loop and tie a piece of yarn together then cut the looped ends to make both the mane and tail.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the mane and tail.
You're ready to play! Make a whole herd of zebras, or use your imagination to create even more safari cork animals!