We chose pumpkins, but with a little imagination (and some more paint!) you can make an assortment of Halloween-themed message containers, such as mummies, witches, Frankenstein, werewolves, vampires and more!
- egg carton(s)
- paint (Depending on what you decide to make, the colors will vary. We used orange and black for the pumpkins.)
- strips of paper and a black marker (or small treats if you like)
- pipe cleaners (optional, for decoration)
- Cut the egg cartons so that two halves can be taped together to make a whole egg shape. If your carton holds a dozen eggs, you should be able to make six pumpkins.
- Paint the egg carton pieces orange.
- While you wait for them to dry, write some messages to put inside. You could also put some little treats in there, if you have some.
- If you're making pumpkins like we did, poke a hole through the top and add a green pipe cleaner for the stem.
- Put your messages inside and tape the two halves together with clear tape.
- Finally, add the finishing touches with your black marker. For pumpkins, we drew faces.
What will your message say?