Turning yourself into an elf on your holiday cards (or elfing yourself!) is a great way to inject a little festive fun into the holiday season. Every family member can get involved with this project and you’ll only need a few simple supplies to make your holiday cards. After receiving these in the mail, your friends and family will probably want to make sELFie Cards too!
- index cards
- a pen or marker
- a printed picture of yourself and/or your kids
- a glue stick
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- pom poms
- construction paper
- Print out pictures of the person or people you want to turn into elves. They should be small enough to fit on a normal index card.
- Cut out the faces from the printed-out pictures, being careful to cut around the hair and chins.
- Cut out a small triangle, curved on one side for each elf hat.
- Cut out an elongated semicircle shape (like a small curved mountain) for each elf's shoulders.
- On each side of the mountain shapes, cut out a skinny triangle to form the arms. Then glue the shoulders, face and hat onto an index card using a glue stick. Only one elf per index card will keep it simple.
- Use the hot glue, to attach a pom-pom to the tip of each hat, and then another to the center of each shirt.
- Write a festive holiday message on each card and you are all finished!
See? Anyone can Elf-themselves--it's that easy! Happy Holidays!